Probuildcentre.com (PbC) aims to provide you, the Customer, with excellent service and products at a competitive price.
PbC’s main emphasis is to provide a seamless, as is reasonably possible, co-ordinated service from initial concept through to a finished or turnkey product. We work very closely with several expert companies, specialising in each aspect of the above, as such, any liability lies with the partner. However, PbC will use its best endeavours to resolve any problems that may arise. The word “Company” refers to PbC or the partner as is relevant.
PbC wishes to draw your attention to these key issues:
1. PbC is located at Probuild House, 107 Station Road East, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0AX and includes its staff, agents and/or sub-contractors.
2. Estimates and quotations are valid for 60 days, unless otherwise stated and shall include VAT where applicable. Occasionally, PbC’s documents may contain errors or omissions, although they always take care to avoid such. However, the Customer shall not be entitled to rely on such, which shall be corrected by PbC without liability.
3. Where applicable, whilst every effort will be made to disturb décor as little as possible during any works, the Company will not be responsible for remedial costs. Decoration will not be included unless specifically mentioned.
4. The Company will remove all associated debris from the site.
5. If, during the course of any works, further work is either deemed necessary by the Company or requested by the Customer, an additional estimate will be given to the Customer for acceptance (whether verbally or in writing) before the extra works are carried out.
6. The Partner guarantees the products and the installation for one year, along with any additional manufacturer’s guarantee. The guarantee excludes fair wear and tear or general misuse. Your consumer rights are not affected by this guarantee.
7. Timescales and start dates are given in good faith, but are stated as a guide only. This is not a ‘time is of the essence’ contract. However, the Company will use it best endeavours to meet estimated dates.
8. The works specified in this estimate may be subject to a further pre-installation service prior to commencement.
9. The Customer shall at all times, permit access to the site to the company as is necessary to perform its obligations in this agreement.
10. Where disruption to power services is required during installation, it is the Customers’ responsibility to prevent any loss or damage such as to freezers, videos, computerised appliances which may/could be affected by any loss of power. The Company will of course inform you of power disruptions where possible, but will not be held responsible.
11. Any goods delivered to the Customer shall be at the risk of the Customer from the time of delivery. It is suggested the Customer includes such goods on their household insurance.
12. Any reasonable costs incurred by the Company owing to delay in the Customer receiving the products will be payable by the Customer.
13. On completion of the installation (or delivery where the Customer is self-installing), the customer is invited to inspect the installation/product and the Company shall not be responsible for any faults reported after this time.
14. a) Most professional fees are payable as a 40% deposit, with the remaining 60% payable immediately upon delivery of the relevant service. Obtaining Planning Permission (if applicable) cannot be guaranteed, but every effort will be made to reach a satisfactory outcome. If negotiations become protracted, additional fees may be incurred after discussion with the Customer.
b) Copyright remains with PbC on all documents produced by PbC or their partners. Should you request source documents for further processing by other professionals, there will be a charge.
15. For staircases, 50% of the total price is payable with the order and the remaining 50% is payable prior to despatch.
16. Small jobs, such as boiler servicing or small repairs, are payable on completion of the job, without delay.
17. For larger jobs, where estimates or quotes are provided, payment as laid out in a JCT small works contract will become payable. We use these contracts for the sake of clarity and for the protection of both parties. Any other contracts may be used as agreed by the parties at the time.
18. All goods are subject to a lien until full payment has been received.
19. The Company may, on breach by the Customer of any provisions of this agreement, after 7 days notice to the customer, terminate this agreement.
20. In the event of termination of this agreement by the Company, the customer shall provide access to any site for the Company to take possession of any goods supplied and/or any tools.
21. The Customer agrees to pay without delay to the Company in addition to all other costs due, the balance of the total price of any outstanding goods, or labour due to the Company, or reasonable costs incurred by the Company will be deducted from any refund to the Customer.
22. The Company shall have the right to cancel or delay the performance of this agreement without liability, in the event of force majeure.
23. The Company is entitled to use all photographs, diagrams and plans in their publicity. The Company will respect customer wishes to withold address details.
24. The Customer shall not assume any obligations, rights or benefits in this agreement.
25. The Company may, at its discretion, sub-contract any aspect of the work to be carried out.
26. If any provision herein is invalid or unenforceable, it will not affect any other part of this agreement in whole or in part.
27. The Company accepts no liability for consequential loss.
28. Your access and use of PbC’s website & services are governed exclusively by these Terms and Conditions (T&C’s). By using the website/services, you fully accept these T&C’s. PbC reserves the right to amend the T&C’s from time to time and it is your responsibility the check them for any changes.
29. This agreement shall be covered by and construed in accordance with English law.